The Social Case
- Personal mobility is an important factor in social and economic well-being of the
- We depend almost totally upon the private automobile
- Many who cannot drive or afford a vehicle are denied the basic right of mobility.
- Lack of mobility is a major factor causing migration from rural areas to cities.
- A transit system can provide needed mobility for those with limited access to
private transportation, including:
- working people
- students (almost 2,000 in the District)
- seniors (approximately 15%)
- the disabled (approximately 20%)
- young people for recreational purpose, e.g. The Life Style Centre